Monday, June 15, 2015

Personal Relationship

I gave my heart to God in 1977.  I was 9 years old.  For most of my life I have heard preachers, missionaries, TV Evangelists, Authors and Sunday School teachers say, "You need a personal relationship with Christ."

For all those years I thought I knew what that meant, but in reality, I did not.  I thought my relationship was.....personal.  I mean Jesus and I talked daily but something was missing. I knew it and I am sure HE did too.

Everyone in the "Christian" community loves to tell you how to walk with God.  They love to tell you about your walk with God.  What is right and wrong with your walk with God, and how you need to do "this and that" to get a better walk with God.  If you listen to everyone like I did, you would burn out quick.

It was just last week that I understood a personal relationship.  Personal...meaning....personal to ME.  Special, inviting, exciting and personal to ME and my walk with HIM.

I am just now discovering what that is exactly but one thing I do know, no one can tell you  how to have a relationship with Him.  To make it personal, only you and Him would know how to do that and you will be fulfilled.

It is your walk.  It is your salvation.  Do it your way between you and Jesus.  He loves to grab a cup of coffee, pull up a chair and talk with you about anything that is bothering you, or something you are happy and excited about, accomplishment's and fears.

HE loves you. He wants it to be just about you and Him. No one else.

No comments:

Post a Comment